|Synonyms||Tylosin tartrate salt, tylosin hydrogen tartrate|
|Keywords||Antibiotic, food additives, mycoplasmosis|
|Related products||Tilmicosin Phosphate Salt|
Tylosin Tartrate Specifications
|Product Name||Tylosin Tartrate|
|CAS Registry Number||74610-55-2|
|Molecular Weight||1982.31 g/mol|
|Shelf life||2 years|
|Functions||Treatment of livestock mycoplasmosis|
Tylosin Tartrate Description
Tylosin tartrate has a molecular formula of 2(C46H77NO17)·C4H6O6 and a molecular weight of 1982.31. It is an off-white powder, easily soluble in water. Because of its good absorption in the intestine, rapid diffusion in the body, and high blood drug concentration, it is mostly used in clinical treatment.
Tylosin tartrate is a macrolide antibiotic approved for the control of mycoplasmosis in poultry.
Tylosin Tartrate Applications
- Feed additive
- The drug of choice for livestock mycoplasmosis
- Macrolide antibiotic compounded for dogs and cats
- Loftin KA, et al. Environ Toxicol Chem, 2005, 24(4), 782-788.
- Kolz AC, et al. Water Environ Res, 2005, 77(1), 49-56.
- Baba T, et al. Poult Sci, 1998, 77(9), 1306-13011.