SKU: 040-000-290 Category: Pharmaceuticals
Get A Quote
|Synonyms||Piperaquine Phosphate, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Piperaqu, Piperaquinoline|
|Keywords||Malaria, artemisinin, Artemisia Annua Extract, COVID-19, SARS-CoV-2|
|Related products||Artemisinin, hydroxychloroquine|
Stanford Chemicals Company is a Piperaquine supplier in USA. We offer the small Piperaquine phosphate sample and bulk powders.
|CAS Registry Number||4085-31-8|
|Molecular Weight||535.51 g/mol|
|Shelf life||2 years|
|Functions||highly active against chloroquine-resistant Plasmodium falciparum and Plasmodium vivax|
Piperaquine is an antiparasitic drug used in combination with dihydroartemisinin to treat malaria. It is a bis-quinoline compound that inhibits the vitro growth of P. falciparum isolates from malaria-infected patients with IC50s ranging from 11.8-217.3 nM. Piperaquine was developed under the Chinese National Malaria Elimination Programme in the 1960s and was adopted throughout China as a replacement for the structurally similar antimalarial drug chloroquine.
Piperazine phosphate has also recently become a potential drug against COVID-19.
- Used as a partner drug for artemisinin combination therapy
- Potential drug against SARS-COV-2
- Akoachere, M., Buchholz, K., Fischer, E., et al. In vitro assessment of methylene blue on chloroquine-sensitive and -resistant Plasmodium falciparum strains reveals synergistic action with artemisinins. Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 49(11), 4592-4597 (2005).
- Davis TM, Hung TY, Sim IK, Karunajeewa HA, Ilett KF (2005). “Piperaquine: a resurgent antimalarial drug”. Drugs. 65 (1): 75–87.
- Haldar K, Bhattacharjee S, Safeukui I (2018). “Drug resistance in Plasmodium”. Nature Reviews Microbiology. 16: 156–170.