Honokiol can inhibit secretion of acidity, anti-dental caries and anti-periodontal disease.
Applications of Honokiol
* As the medicine of anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant, and anti-tumor drug, it is widely used in the fields of medicine and health products;
* As a strong antioxidant, it is widely used in the cosmetics industry. Magnolol is a powerful antioxidant in cardiovascular diseases.
* Honokiol is widely used as a functional food additive;
* Honokiol can be used as raw material added to healthy food, the purpose is to enhance immunity and resist melancholy;
* A powerful antioxidant in cardiovascular diseases, 1000 times more protein than vitamin E in inhibiting lipid peroxidation.
* A major contributor to atherosclerosis and heart disease.
* Honokiol is effective in cardiovascular diseases.
* Also widely used in the cosmetics and pharmaceutical industry.
Introduction of Honokiol
Honokiol is extracted from Magnolia. Stanford Chemicals has been providing quality Honokiol and many other natural plant extracts for over 15 years.
Honokiol is present in magnolia bark at about one to five percent, and magnolol is present at roughly two to ten percent. Honokiol and magnolol were initially described as components of the genus Magnolia, which are components of traditional Chinese medicine and (Kampo) herbs, including houpo.
Typical doses use three to nine grams of bark in hot water. Other traditional formulas include pinyin for constipation and congestion, which incorporates different proportions of magnolia bark extract, rhubarb, and Chih-Shih depending on its targeted function. Pinyin formulas for digestive system weakness tend to mix magnolia bark with ginger and licorice.
Respiratory issues are often treated with formulas mixing magnolia bark extract and cinnamon twig.
|Magnolia officinalis Rehd.et Wils.|
|Stored in cool & dry places, protected from direct sunlight and heat.|
Functions of Honokiol:
1. Honokiol can inhibit the secretion of acidity, anti-dental caries, and anti-periodontal disease.
2. Anti-tumor and cancer: Inhibits or prevents the growth or development of malignant cells. A potential anti-cancer material.
3. Anti-anxiety: Relax striated muscles, reduce blood pressure, for anti-stress, anti-depressive, and improve sleep.
4. Powerful antioxidant protection: 1000 times more potent than vitamin E in inhibiting lipid peroxidation, a major contributor to atherosclerosis and heart diseases.
Honokiol Safety Tips
Handling of Honokiol should only be performed by personnel trained and familiar with the handling of potent active pharmaceutical ingredients. Moderate to severe irritant to the skin and eyes.
Related articles of Honokiol:
Submit your review
For someone with chronic anxiety (intrusive and racing thoughts) this has helped tremendously and actually gives me energy.