Matrine is an alkaloid found in plants of the Sophora familiy. Matrine depresses both glutamate-induced responses and neurally evoked excitatory junctional potentials. This compound acts is also a selective KOR (κ-opioid receptor) agonist.
Bitter Sophora Root/ Matrine Introduction
Matrine and oxymatrine are the two major alkaloid components found in bitter sophora. They are obtained primarily from Sophora japonica, but also from Sophora subprostrata, and from the above-ground portion of Sophora alopecuroides. An intensive investigation into the pharmacology and clinical applications of these alkaloids has gone on for the past decade and remains one of the focal points of Chinese medical research. The main clinical applications of bitter sophora extract are the treatment of people with cancer, viral hepatitis, cardiac diseases, and skin diseases.
Stanford Chemicals is a Boxwood Extract/ Fisetin powder wholesale supplier in the USA, and has been providing high-quality Salicin raw material and other natural pure extracts for over 15 years. We offer the Boxwood Extract/ Fisetin sample for the protype purpose.
|Botanical Source||Sophoraflavescens Ait.|
|Storage||Stored in cool & dry places, protected from direct sunlight and heat.|
|Shelf Life||2 years|
Bitter Sophora Root/ Matrine Applications
1. Nutritional supplements
2. Health food products
4. Pharmaceutical products
5. Skin Care Materials
Bitter Sophora Root/ Matrine Functions
1) Matrine is widely used in pesticides in recent years;
2) Matrine has the function of relieving internal heat;
3) Matrine has an effect on anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory;
4) Matrine is used for suppressing sarcoma S180, anti-tumors;
5) Matrine can cure tonsillitis, and mastitis, smooth asthma etc. when taken orally;
6) Matrine can improve the leucocyte deficiency symptoms so as to enhance the body’s immune function;
7) Matrine is effective in dealing with trichomonad vaginitis, flagellate disease, amoeba dysentery, and fungus dysentery, etc.
Matrine Safety Tips
Handling of Matrine should only be performed by personnel trained and familiar with the handling of potent active pharmaceutical ingredients. Avoid severe irritants to the skin and eyes.
Submit your review
So far I love it! I have been using it for a month now and I do see a difference in my skin.