|Synonyms||N4-(7-Chloro-4-quinolinyl)-N1,N1-dimethyl-1,4-pentanediamine diphosphate salt, N4-(7-chloroquinolin-4-yl)-N1,N1-diethylpentane-1,4-diamine diphosphate|
|Key words||COVID-19, SARS-CoV-2,|
|Related products||Artemisinin, Piperaquine, Acrichin Dihydrochloride|
Chloroquine Diphosphate Specifications
|Product Name||Chloroquine Diphosphate|
|CAS Registry Number||50-63-5|
|Molecular Formula||C18H26ClN3 · 2H3PO4|
|Molecular Weight||515.86 g/mol|
|Shelf life||2 years|
Chloroquine Diphosphate Description
Chloroquine Diphosphate salt is a member of the quinolone family and a lysosomotropic agent (accumulate inside the acidic parts of the cell). This accumulation leads to inhibition of lysosomal enzymes that require an acidic pH, and prevents fusion of endosomes and lysosomes. Recently, chloroquine phosphate, an antimalarial drug with a history of more than 70 years, has become one of the most potentially effective drugs for the treatment of SARS-CoV-2.
Chloroquine Diphosphate Applications
- Used to study the role of endosomal acidification in cellular processes, such as the signaling of intracellular TLRs
- Used as DNA intercalator & to dissociate antigen antibody complexes without denaturing red blood cell antigens.
- Used to increase transfection efficiency
- Potential drug against SARS-COV-2
- Nespola, Benoît; Betz, Valérie; Brunet, Julie; Gagnard, Jean-Charles; Krummel, Yves; Hansmann, Yves; Hannedouche, Thierry; Christmann, Daniel; Pfaff, Alexander W.; Filisetti, Denis; Pesson, Bernard; Abou-Bacar, Ahmed; Candolfi, Ermanno (2015). “First case of amebic liver abscess 22 years after the first occurrence”. Parasite. 22: 20.
- Blessmann J, Binh HD, Hung DM, Tannich E, Burchard G (November 2003). “Treatment of amoebic liver abscess with metronidazole alone or in combination with ultrasound-guided needle aspiration: a comparative, prospective and randomized study”. Trop. Med. Int. Health.