What is Chondroitin Sulfate Used For?
What are the components of chondroitin sulfate?
Chondroitin sulfate is widely found in human and animal cartilage tissue. Its medicinal preparations mainly contain chondroitin sulfate A and chondroitin sulfate C isomers. Chondroitin sulfate content in the cartilage of different species and ages of animals is different.
Chondroitin sulfate is extracted from the cartilage of pig’s larynx, nasal bone, and trachea. Chondroitin Sulfate Tablets is mainly used for the treatment of hyperlipidemia.
Its main applications include:
1. Chondroitin sulfate has long been used as a health food or medicine in the prevention and treatment of coronary heart disease, angina pectoris, myocardial infarction, coronary atherosclerosis, myocardial ischemia, and other diseases, without obvious side effects, can significantly reduce the incidence of coronary heart disease and mortality. Long-term clinical applications have shown that lipids such as fat deposited on arterial and venous walls can be effectively removed or reduced, significantly reducing plasma cholesterol, thereby preventing the formation of atherosclerosis.
2. Chondroitin sulfate is used to treat neuralgia, migraine, arthralgia, arthritis, scapular joint pain, and postoperative pain after abdominal surgery.
3. Prevention and treatment of streptomycin-induced hearing impairment and various noise-induced hearing difficulties, tinnitus and so on.
4. It has auxiliary therapeutic effects on chronic nephritis, chronic hepatitis, keratitis, and corneal ulcer.
5. In recent years, chondroitin in shark cartilage has an anti-tumor effect. In addition, chondroitin sulfate is also used in cosmetics and wound healing agents.
6. Chondroitin sulfate is also used for eye drops.
Improving bone quality
The main way of medical application is as a treatment of joint disease drugs, with glucosamine, with pain relief, promote cartilage regeneration, can fundamentally improve joint problems.
Randomized placebo-controlled clinical trials have shown that chondroitin sulfate can reduce pain in patients with osteoarthritis, improve joint function, reduce joint swelling and fluid accumulation, and prevent space narrowing between knee and hand joints. It provides a cushioning effect to ease the impact and friction during movement and can inhale water into the proteoglycan molecule, thicken the cartilage and increase the amount of synovial fluid in the joint. One of the important functions of chondroitin is to act as a delivery pipeline to deliver important oxygen and nutrients to the joints, helping to remove waste from the joints, while removing carbon dioxide and waste. Since there is no blood supply to the articular cartilage, all the oxygenation, nourishment and lubrication effects come from synovial fluid.
By increasing the supply of chondroitin sulfate, the body’s self-regulation mechanism is inhibited, skeletal sclerosis is reduced, compact and flexible bones than fragile bones, the volume is reduced by 10%, strength is greatly enhanced. In particular, the facial contour is not easy to deform or expand, and tissue adhesion is enhanced. The contour skeleton process is reduced and the young state is restored. Chondroitin is also important when taking glucosamine because chondroitin promotes the penetration of glucosamine into the joint.
A number of studies, including one published in the New England Journal of Medicine by the CIEFL Research Institute, have shown that a combination of glucosamine and chondroitin is more effective in protecting, reversing damage and promoting repair of articular cartilage and periosteal bone, resulting in less osteosclerosis and a younger bone.