Does Chondroitin Sulfate (CS) Treat Arthritis and Help with Inflammation?
Arthritis is a health condition of the joint, which often involves the joint becoming swelling and tender. The two common kinds of arthritis are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Wear and tear of cartilages in the joint leads to arthritis. The significant symptoms of arthritis are joint pain and stiffness, which usually worsen with age. An infection or an injury to the joint can increase the breakage of the cartilage tissue in the joint.
Chondroitin is a naturally occurring compound in the joint cartilage, bone, skin, cornea, etc. Chondroitin sulfate is a form of Chondroitin manufactured from animal byproducts and is sold as a dietary supplement. It is efficient in treating osteoarthritis. There are different health benefits of chondroitin sulfate. This article provides details on Chondroitin Sulfate, its usefulness as an effective treatment for arthritis, and other kinds of inflammation.
What is Chondroitin Sulfate?
Chondroitin sulfate is a popular supplement that helps in managing joint pain. It is a chemical compound found in human cartilages and also in animals. It is an effective treatment for osteoarthritis.
Chondroitin sulfate remains one of the building blocks of cartilages. When the cartilage in the joint breaks, it might lead to osteoarthritis. Chondroitin sulfate helps slow down this breaking process. It is manufactured in the labs and helps treat cataracts.
Benefits of Chondroitin Sulfate
Chondroitin sulfate has different potential health benefits:
- Reduces Joint Pain: chondroitin sulfate supplement is very effective in curing osteoarthritis. This common bone disorder occurs when the cartilage around the joint becomes weak and gets broken. When you take a chondroitin sulfate supplement, it helps synthesize different cartilage components and prevents cartilage breakdown.
- Protects the eyes during surgery: Healthcare professionals make use of chondroitin sulfate in a solution to prevent inflammation during cataract surgery and other eye surgeries. Usually, Chondroitin is combined with other solutions during the surgery to protect parts of the eyes and prevent complications. Chondroitin is also a significant ingredient in different prescription eye drops, which you can use to treat irritations and dryness of the eyes.
Chondroitin sulfate has few side effects. The drug is safe to use for six years when taken by mouth. However, some of the side effects include stomach pain and nausea. Other side effects may include diarrhea, constipation, and bloating. There are no side effects when chondroitin sulfate is mixed with other ingredients and applied to the eye.
Precautions and Warning
- Pregnant women and those breastfeeding should avoid taking chondroitin sulfate.
- There has been some concern that chondroitin sulfate makes asthma worse, so if you have asthma, you must use chondroitin sulfate cautiously.
- Some researchers have also shown that Chondroitin might cause prostate cancer’s spread and recurrence, although chondroitin sulfate supplements do not offer any adverse effect so far. However, it is vital to stay away from the drugs if you are at high risk of developing prostate cancer.
Adults can take doses of 800 – 1200 mg of chondroitin sulfate per day for two years. There is also a rising concern in the accurate labeling of Chondroitin sulfate products. While some products may have a much higher amount of chondroitin sulfate than stated, others may have just very small or even none at all. This issue may make the effect of Chondroitin vary. It would be best to discuss with your healthcare provider what dose is best for you.
Also, it is essential to note that manufacturers source chondroitin supplements from animals. Hence, it is necessary that if you follow a vegan diet or you’re a vegetarian, you may want to look for a vegan-friendly version to take.
Effective When Combined with Glucosamine
You can combine Chondroitin with glucosamine, a cartilage-building compound produced by the body naturally, to get better results. Experts have recommended that taking chondroitin sulfate with glucosamine to get a better impact on joint healing.
When you take Chondroitin, it is best to combine it with glucosamine to get a better result and maximize the potential benefits. You can combine the Chondroitin and glucosamine in doses of 1500 mg of glucosamine and then 1200 mg of Chondroitin daily.
Chondroitin sulfate is very effective in the treatment of arthritis and reduces inflammation. Stanford Chemicals Company has more than 16 years of experience in the manufacturing and sales of Chondroitin Sulfate.
Our products are all manufactured with strict adherence to GMP standards, and we carry out precise analyses to ensure top-quality products are available at competitive prices. Contact us to get your chondroitin sulfate powder at an affordable price and with a purity greater than 99%, or call us at (949) 812 6690 or (949) 468 0555 to place your order.