Sodium Hyaluronate: Skin Benefits, Products to Use, and More
What Is Cosmetic Grade Sodium Hyaluronate?
Sodium hyaluronate is a sodium salt of hyaluronic acid used extensively in skincare products. This derivative of hyaluronic acid is a group of sugar units composed of Na-glucoronate-N-acetyl glucosamine. It can be found in body tissues and fluids and decreases as we become old. So a large amount of cosmetic-grade sodium hyaluronate is produced for replenishment and water retention.
Cosmetic-grade sodium hyaluronate offers lots of benefits to the human body and skin. Apart from the cosmetic grade, the food grade and the medical grade are highly hydrating and repairing as well. Here we are going to discuss sodium hyaluronate, its usage, and products in detail.
What Are the Skin Benefits of Cosmetic Grade Sodium Hyaluronate?
It is quite easy to find cosmetic-grade sodium hyaluronate content in serums, lotions, and other skincare products for its moisturizing and anti-aging effects. Your skin will be rejuvenated from the inside out thanks to the following benefits.
- Hydration: Sodium hyaluronate is extremely hydrating because it can attract and bind moisture from the environment to reduce dryness. In the long term, you are going to have smoother and plump skin.
- Prevention: Sodium hyaluronate could remove inflammatory factors and free radicals in your body to prevent redness, acne, black spots, wrinkles, and other damage to your skin.
- Repair: Doctors could use sodium hyaluronate content widely to heal wounds. So the salt is applied to the medical sectors for joint surgeries, dry eye syndromes, etc.
Sodium Hyaluronate VS Hyaluronic Acid
Both sodium hyaluronate and hyaluronic acid serve as humectants in skincare products, makeup products, and cleansing products. Yet sodium hyaluronate has a better hydrating impact for the following reasons.
- Sodium hyaluronate could penetrate the surface of the skin because of its lower molecular weight. So sodium hyaluronate could reach the deeper place, while hyaluronic acid could only work on the surface most of the time.
- Sodium hyaluronate is more stable since it is less prone to oxidation. So the derivative of HA offers better performance in skincare products.
- HA and its sodium salt are interchangeable in the cosmetic industry. Both of them are ideal choices for beauty lovers.
Related reading: Which Is Better, Hyaluronic Acid or Sodium Hyaluronate?
Cosmetic-Grade Sodium Hyaluronate Products to Use
Stanford Chemicals is a leading supplier of cosmetic-grade sodium hyaluronate and related products. There are sodium hyaluronates of high molecular weight, middle molecular weight, and low molecular weight on our website. Check the table below to find suitable products.
Table 1 Cosmetic Grade Sodium Hyaluronate Products
|Product Name||Molecular Weight||Recommended Usage||Applications|
(High Molecular Weight Sodium Hyaluronate)
cream, lotion, facial mask, etc.
facial cleanser, body wash;
shampoo, hair conditioner, etc.
|1,000kDa ~ 1,800kDa|
(Low Molecular Weight Sodium Hyaluronate)
|10kDa ~ 1,000kDa|
|:Hyacross™ Hyaluronic Acid Elastomer||—||1%-5%|
Is Sodium Hyaluronate FDA approved?
Sodium hyaluronate has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use in the cosmetic industry as a dermal filler. Besides, the cosmetic grade hyaluronic acid of Stanford Chemicals is Ecocert certificated, and our daily operation is conducted according to ISO 9001 and GMP standards. You can check our website and find satisfied sodium hyaluronate products.
However, cosmetic-grade sodium hyaluronate is supposed to be used under safe dosage by licensed professionals. The table below shows sodium hyaluronate products approved by the FDA and their recommended dosage. 
Table 2 The Recommended Dosage of Sodium Hyaluronate
|Product Name||Recommended Dosage|
|GenVisc 850||3 injections|
Sodium hyaluronate is a stable derivative of hyaluronic acid, and it is applied to various fields such as the cosmetic industry. Compared with hyaluronic acid, sodium hyaluronate has an enhanced skin-refreshing effect. Standard Chemicals provides cosmetic-grade sodium hyaluronate and other related products. For more information, please check our homepage.
 Louisiana Department of Health. Sodium Hyaluronate. Louisiana Department of Health. chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://ldh.la.gov/assets/medicaid/MCPP/6.9.20/410_UHC-SodiumHyaluronate.pdf