- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- 070-000-349 Tranexamic Acid, 1197-18-8
070-000-349 Tranexamic Acid, 1197-18-8
SKU: 070-000-349 Category: Cosmetics & Personal Care
Get A Quote
|Synonyms||Trans-4-(aminomethyl)-cyclohexanecarboxylic acid, AMCA, TXA|
|Keywords||Whitening, hemostasis, prevent blood loss|
|Related products||Biotin, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Glabridin|
Tranexamic Acid Specifications
|Product Name||Tranexamic Acid|
|CAS Registry Number||1197-18-8|
|Molecular Weight||157.2 g/mol|
|Shelf life||2 years|
|Functions||Inhibit the activity of melanocytes, prevent excessive blood loss from major trauma, postpartum bleeding, surgery, tooth removal, nosebleeds, and heavy menstruation|
Tranexamic Acid Description
Tranexamic acid is a synthetic amino acid with hemostatic and anti-inflammatory pharmacological effects. It can inhibit the activity of melanocytes, prevent and improve skin pigmentation, and thus have a certain cosmetic effect.
Tranexamic acid (sometimes shortened to txa) is a medicine that controls bleeding. It helps your blood clot and is used for nosebleeds and heavy periods. If you’re having a tooth taken out, using tranexamic acid mouthwash can help stop bleeding.
Tranexamic Acid Applications
- Used in the whitening skincare product
- Laboratory research
- Joshi, N., Kopec, A.K., Towery, K., et al. The antifibrinolytic drug tranexamic acid reduces liver injury and fibrosis in a mouse model of chronic bile duct injury. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 349(3), 383-392 (2014).
- Boström, J., Grant, J.A., Fjellström, O., et al. Potent fibrinolysis inhibitor discovered by shape and electrostatic complementarity to the drug tranexamic acid. J. Med. Chem. 56(8), 3273-3280 (2013).